If you haven’t already noticed, Delete the Adjectives has sort of been hijacked by all things baby . I would apologize except that right now the most important thing going on in our lives is the little soul that is waiting to be born. With Harper’s arrival closing it at somewhere around nine weeks from now we’ve started to how do you say meltdown? One big task we are currently making a priority is the “nursery” and I use that term lightly because its just half of our bedroom. We live in San Diego and the houses are small and expensive. We live in a 900 square foot house with our three dogs and a very dear friend. We love it here but at least for a while we will be sharing a room. With that said we want to make Le Guppy’s little corner of our indoor universe special and all about her.
The Plan: The walls of our bedroom are already painted blue and while I promised we were going to avoid an onslaught of pink I feel in love with this not totally gross baby bedding from DwellStudio for Target so we’ve decided to go with blue, pink, white and minimal brown accents as it already exists within the bedding we’ve chosen.
One thing that we really want to incorporate is a quote from a work of children’s literature over the crib. These are the quotes we are currently contemplating. Feel free to weigh in on your favorite or suggest another appropriate one.
- “When you are sleeping in your silly bed you might be flying around with me saying funny things to the stars” -Peter Pan
- “You saved me once, and what is given in always returned. We are in the world to help one another.” -Pinocchio
- “Each thing she learned became part of herself , to be used over and over in new adventures” – Gypsy
- “Goodnight stars . Goodnight air. Goodnight noises everywhere.”-Goodnight Moon
- “There’s a lot of hope and a lot of faith and love mixed up in a miracle” – Journey from Peppermint Street
- “The young soul is ever winged; a breath stirs it to an upward flight” – Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm