2) Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept two of three. I still don’t have my driver’s license, which has now been recycled to this years New Year’s resolution.
3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin Liz, my cousin Annie and well, me.
4) Did anyone close to you die?
5) What countries did you visit?
I did not leave the country this year. Hopefully next year. We need to get Harper a passport.
6) What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year?
A better job.
7) What date from this year will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 26, 2010. My daughter’s birthday.
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Incubating and birthing my itty bitty.
9) What was your biggest failure?
Not being as good with money as I could have been.
10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious, thankfully
11) What was the best thing you bought?
Stuff for my kiddo.
12) Whose behavior merited celebration?
My guppy who has been sleeping through the night since the very beginning and making each day better than the prior.
13) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Westboro Baptist Church.
14) Where did most of your money go?
Bills, per usual.
15) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16) What song will always remind you of this year?
In My Life by the Beatles.
17) Compared to this time last year, you are:
18) What do you wish you’d done more of?
19) What do you wish you’d done less of?
20) How will you be spending Christmas?
Hopefully among good friends and family.
21) Did you fall in love this year?
Everyday with the very same boy.
22) What was your favorite TV program?
Top Gear (the British version)
23) Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I still don’t hate anyone.
24) That was the best book you read?
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
25) What was your greatest musical discovery?
26) What did you want and get?
A new lens for my camera.
27) What did you want and not get?
A new camera.
29) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
This year I turned 23. I was in New York and I went to Central Park and out to dinner with my family in Pershing Square.
30) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Honestly, more money because I would have been able to worry less.
31) How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?
32) What kept you sane?
34) What political issue stirred you the most?
35) Who did you miss?
36) Who was the best new person you met?
Carly (and her daughter Molly who is 2 weeks younger than Harper)
37) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year:
The heart is capable of exponential growth (metaphorically speaking)