2) Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept all three of last year’s resolutions at one point . For next year, I am going to work on being better with money, get my driver’s license and work on saving a down payment for a house.
3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not this year.
4) Did anyone close to you die?
5) What countries did you visit?
England, France and Italy.
6) What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year?
7) What date from this year will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 13th, 2009. The day I married my dear husband.
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating from college
9) What was your biggest failure?
Not securing a better job.
10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious, thankfully
11) What was the best thing you bought?
Amazing food in Europe.
12) Whose behavior merited celebration?
My lovely husband, who loves me so much more than I deserve
13) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I’m going to leave this one to the imagination this year.
14) Where did most of your money go?
Bills, as always.
15) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My honeymoon in Europe was truly amazing.
16) What song will always remind you of this year?
Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson
17) Compared to this time last year, you are:
18) What do you wish you’d done more of?
19) What do you wish you’d done less of?
20) How will you be spending Christmas?
I’m assuming it will be with family. I am trying to convince my father that we should all fly to Chicago for the holidays in 2010.
21) Did you fall in love this year?
If all over again counts, then yes.
22) What was your favorite TV program?
23) Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate anyone.
24) That was the best book you read?
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
25) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Probably Phoenix and Elliot Smith. It’s a toss up, both for very different reasons.
26) What did you want and get?
27) What did you want and not get?
29) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
This year I turned 22. We went to Disneyland.
30) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A better job
31) How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?
Pretty ragtag. I spent most of the year in my work uniform.
32) What kept you sane?
33) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I still love Barack Obama.
34) What political issue stirred you the most?
I was still very concerned with gay and lesbian rights this year. Human rights in general.
35) Who did you miss?
My family in the midwest. My brother who I didn’t get to see enough last year.
36) Who was the best new person you met?
I didn’t meet very many new people this year. I did make friends with a lot of co-workers I didn’t know previously.
37) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year:
Love goes farther than money.